I am the chaos and you are the cosmos

Sunday, December 14, 2008

 

100x fashion show @ The Heeren

I was at Expo with my family yesterday, because my mum dragged us to attend some
buddhist talk that i'm not the least bit interested in, (she knew i'd give her an absolute no had she told me where she was taking us to --- EVIL!!) but while i was there i saw many attention
seeking cosplayers walking around the place, d'oh attracting attention. Well it started off with this two cosplayers (the girl has pink hair and the guy, orange) queing up for lunch at BK. At first i was kinda alright with it, i was like, okaay, give it to them, they're courageous enough to
walk around in public in those ridiculous stripey socks and heavy eye makeup with glitter, not to forget their ballerina step punk skirts with black china lacing. (If you beg to differ with me, please navigate away from this page now.) --- I wouldn't be so mad if they were in character! I've seen those professional ones who stay in character all the way and i give it to them.

Alright so when i turned around, i saw A WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM, then i suspected they were there for some display or like. But they got on my nerves when they started standing in people's way like it's their prerogative since they are...well i shan't continue. I got kinda pissed because they WANT the attention, because they LOVE the attention, and because people who looked were GIVING them the attention. North, South, East, West, North-West, North-East..
sheesh! I really could have lost my rag and confronted them...really. But really, the more they crave for this attention, the more i equate it to low self esteem. Okay i could be generalising but doesn't it all make sense that since they can't get the attention they need by being themselves, gee, "why not be an anime character?" alright so i got bored and i walked past all the halls in Expo and finally got to Hall 1. When i opened the glass door, the noise just crescendo-ed on me and to my horror, all the rest of them were there. I took a deep breath and stepped inside. I was just making my way through the cosplayers (without giving ANYONE any eye contact) when some guy called out my name. (i freaked out like nobody's business.) It was Yuan Quan! hahah, i ALWAYS bump into him wherever i go, the other time was NYDC, and now Expo! In case anyone else catches me there among those cosplayers -- which i don't wanna have anything to do with, i left the place.

to pro-cosplay people, please understand that i've got a historical hatred for anime.

then dad bought donuts and my he and bro went to play billiard while my mum and i played cards.(it sounds very boring but it was fun, surprisingly) family activities i guess.

In the evening was another traumarama. i got Kavi's block number all mixed up cause i was too traumatised that i couldn't get hold of Junda's guitar. Pray that the TGM will be found. :/

Im so stoked about the fashion show this evening!

P.S Miss South Africa, you weren't in top 3 because you were too full of yourself.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

FUN TIMES

December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   September 2011  

HOOK-A-GEEK PARADE

  • booya
  • kavi
  • shal
  • sand
  • sul
  • vay
  • JOY BUTTON

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]